iOS 7.0.3 was released a few days ago and it was a much-needed update for Apple users. It brought back a few key features that were missing from iOS 7.
I have prepared a video above to highlight a few main features.
The features I go over in the video are.
- Search the Web and Wikipedia right from spotlight search.
- iCloud Keychain.
- Reduce motion.
Search the Web and Wikipedia from spotlight search
From any one of your home screens pull down from the middle with one finger to access the spotlight search. Type in anything you want, now you will be given the option to search from the Web or Wikipedia.
iCloud Keychain keeps your passwords and credit card information up to date across the devices you approve.
Here’s a great tip to find all your passwords and manage them.
If you’ve ever forgotten a password on a website you will know how frustrating it can be to go though the process to find it again. With the help of iOS 7.0.3 and iCloud Keychain this frustration is now minimised.
Go to Settings -> Safari and tap on the Passwords and auto fill section. Then tap on the saved passwords section. You will have to enter your iCloud Keychain password to see all the sites you have saved passwords under.
Tap on edit to mark and delete any you don’t want there.
Reduce motion can be toggled on and off and is found in the accessibility settings. It changes the way apps load and reduces the parallax view as well. Probably the best way to explain it is though the video above.
List of the all the features that have been included in iOS 7.0.3
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices.
- Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts.
- Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use.
- Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search.
- Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users.
- Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating.
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps.
- Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice.
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode.
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimise both motion and animation.
- Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive.
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text.
- Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software.
I hope you have enjoyed this article and video above. If you find any hidden features or tricks from iOS 7.0.3 leave them in the comments below.